Participants are responsible for obtaining a visa and preparing the necessary documents in advance, if required. We recommend that attendees apply for their visas at least 2 months before their intended travel dates. To apply for a visitor visa to enter Taiwan, foreign nationals must have passports or travel documents valid for more than six months, for purposes such as sightseeing, business, family visits, study or training, medical treatment, or other legitimate activities.
To obtain information on how to apply for a visa to enter Taiwan, you can contact a travel agency in your country or visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Taiwan (MFA). For the most up-to-date information regarding visa requirements, please visit the official website of the MFA of Taiwan : https://www.boca.gov.tw/np-137-2.html
- The general information of applying visa, please visit https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-161-264-cdb6a-2.html
- The procedure and flowchart of applying visa, please visit https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-156-247-7bf35-2.html
- Eligible persons and requirements of applying visa, please visit https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-157-4783-f6cb2-2.html
- Visitor visa for attending conference/exhibition, please visit https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-158-259-e6930-2.html
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 30 days: Belize*, Malaysia, Nauru, St. Kitts and Nevis*, Saint Lucia*, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Singapore.
- If your country is not listed above, please refer to the visa-exempt entry website of MFA : https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-149-4486-7785a-2.html
- If you are visiting Taiwan on the purpose of attending the conference, you could apply for the e-VISA which is an alternative paper-based visa issued by R.O.C overseas missions.
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for an e-VISA when they meet relevant criteria: Bahrain, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Dominica, Ecuador, Kiribati, Kuwait, Mauritius, Montenegro, Oman, Panama, Peru, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, Turkiye, United Arab Emirates, Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- For more information and apply e-VISA, please visit on-line application website of MFA : https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/BOCA_EVISA
- Nationals from the following countries may encounter challenges when applying for a visa to enter Taiwan for the APEC 2023: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, India (Identity Certificate), Iraq, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria.
- The visa application process for participants from above countries requires the APEC 2023 Taiwan Local Organizing Committee to provide official conference documentation, which can be a more complex procedure. If you are from any of the countries mentioned above, please complete the Google form at https://forms.gle/v3VBPmBrM7n4azyY9 to provide the necessary data and documents for your visa application.
- The APEC 2023 Taiwan Local Organizing Committee will assist you in obtaining the CODE required for applying for an e-VISA. Here are the steps to apply for an e-VISA for Taiwan ROC:
- First, submit an e-CODE application. It takes at least 7 working days to receive an e-CODE, which enables us to proceed with the e-VISA application.
- Second, the travel agency will collect a visa fee of USD 100 from each applicant. Please note that if your e-VISA is not approved by the MFA of Taiwan, the visa fee is non-refundable.
- Third, complete and submit the online e-VISA application form. Then, wait for approval letters from different authority offices based on applicants' nationalities. This process may take up to 14 working days or longer, depending on each applicant's situation.
Note : If you are not from any of the countries mentioned above, please be aware that this Google form is specifically intended for attendees who may face difficulties obtaining a visa to enter Taiwan due to government policies. If you are not in this situation, we kindly request that you proceed with applying for your visa through the appropriate channels on your own. Thank you for your understanding.
The participants from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau, who want to apply visa to enter Taiwan, please visit the website of National Immigration Agency, ROC (Taiwan): https://www.immigration.gov.tw/